Latest posts by Khubaib Azad Samdani (see all)
- 7 Life Lessons You Can Learn From The Best Human Being - December 12, 2016
- 7 Most Motivational Quotes Of All Time - November 11, 2016
- How Can I Stop Wasting My Time On Facebook, YouTube, etc? - November 11, 2016
This article has been originally posted on a Quora Question by author.
provides an interesting solution to save you from Internet addiction.
You can plant a seed in Forest.
In the next selected minutes, this seed will gradually grow into a tree.
However, if you cannot resist the temptation and start to browse the websites on your Blacklist, your tree will wither away.
With this interesting mechanism, the sense of achievement and responsibility will drive you to stay away from the distractions with no pain.
You can install it from.
After you have installed it, click the forest button on top-bar of chrome.
- Right-click on the forest icon on top bar of Chrome and click the ‘Options’ button. It will lead you to the Blacklist.
- You will be able to add those websites to this Blacklist which you don’t want to use while you are studying. By clicking this plus icon you can add any website which you have opened.
- When you click the tree, the time will start running.
- You can change the time as well. When I am studying, I usually set it to 60 minutes.
This is how my Blacklist looks like and you can edit it as well.
Now, when you open any website which you have added to the black-list, you will see this :
You can also install it on your Android, iOS and Windows phone.
You can still use all applications except those you have added to your blacklist.
Let me know in the comments section if it works for you.
Feature Image Attribution: LifeHack.org