Latest posts by Khubaib Azad Samdani (see all)
- 7 Life Lessons You Can Learn From The Best Human Being - December 12, 2016
- 7 Most Motivational Quotes Of All Time - November 11, 2016
- How Can I Stop Wasting My Time On Facebook, YouTube, etc? - November 11, 2016
Everybody covets success.
Is there any time-saving methodology or may be some success formula which can bring results quickly? We search for tools or shortcuts for achieving success. Success is the result of rituals that we practice every day.
Below are 7 short lessons I tried to explain by using illustrations. I learned a lot from these illustrations. These are very precise and indeed true illustrations.
1.Don’t Burn Opportunities For Mere Comfort
Do you observe what he is doing ?
- It is all about priorities : You prefer either what is EASY or what is RIGHT. Either you prefer COMFORT or GLORY. It is up to you. What do you fancy ?
- Second, there is no one in the world who has not been given opportunities. It is up to you to find them.
Read this sensational quote from Les Brown:
In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.
- Last and most important thing: Don’t wait for opportunities to approach you. Instead, you go toward opportunities and leap at the chance.
Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.
– William Arthur Ward
2. Bad News Is Time Flies. Good Thing Is You Are The Pilot
Time is still passing. Do you know you just used 1.5 minutes (90 seconds) in reading approximately 195 words written above?  Astounded ?
Most of the people inculpate time. They say they cannot start a new habit, read a self-help book or write a gratitude journal because they don’t have time.
‘I don’t have time’ is a grown-up way of saying ‘Dog ate my homework’
Do not wait for the perfect time to start acting on your dreams. You will never have it. Believe me.
Exploit your present carefully.
Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
– Bil Keane
3. Never Judge A Book By Its Cover
Did you understand the message this illustration is conveying?
The first rabbit has bigger carrot but its seed leaf is smaller.
The second rabbit is glad that he got a bigger seed leaf.
Appearances are often deceptive. Never judge something just by looking at it.
Don’t judge me by my skin color, my height, and my appearance, you may miss entirely who I am.
Don’t judge a book by its cover when you don’t know what that person’s been through.
– Corrie Louise Rose
4- Don’t Be An Orthodox. Go Ahead. Use Your Creativity
Are you relying on old stories and myths?
This above illustration explains everything.
Don’t be afraid to try something which seems offbeat to you or to people around you. You may miss something big.
5-Use Your Resources Wisely
You may be like:
- What an idiot, just get more ladders.
- None of these ladders are even tall enough to get over that wall. He is just doing the best with what was given to him.
But WikiHow might have helped him learn how to join ladders.
Note: It’s sarcasm.
Don’t be insane. Use what you got to get what you want. Don’t misuse your resources.
6- Smart Work
Source : Dreamstime.com
Don’t work hard, work smart. Cheating on a test is not a bad thing getting caught is
7. Be Yourself. Don’t Follow The Crowd
You have to be different from the crowd if you want to be remembered after you.
Don’t follow the crowd. Let the crowd follow you.
I know it is easy to follow people. And difficult to stand alone.
But remember this quote from Albert Einstien that might change your mind:
The one who follow the crowd usually gets no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
And yes, again, never forget the 2nd lesson; the most important thing :
Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present. – Bil Keane
You woke up today. Believe me, this is no less than a miracle. You have 24 hours.
Go ! make a difference.
Feature image credit : Huffington Post
None of these illustrations belong to Self Projections. I found them from Google Image Search, Imgur, Pinterest etc. And credit for these illustrations goes to the respective publisher. Let me know in comments below which illustration inspired you the most.